Alcoholic Beverage Permits

Alcoholic Beverage Permits

Any applicant that wishes to obtain an Alcoholic Beverage Permit from the City of Alpine must:

Contact the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission at (512) 206-3333 — to obtain a pre-qualification packet or download the forms from the TABC website.

Part of the TABC application process is to receive a signature from the City Secretary to obtain approval from TABC.  The City of Alpine requires a Special Use Permit be issued in order to sell alcohol under a new permit or license in any area of the City. The Special Use Permit application process is generally conducted in the following steps:

1.   Applicant must submit a Special Use Permit Application.
2.   The Special Use Permit Application is reviewed by City Staff. 
3.   Once validated as to form and content, the Special Use Permit is scheduled to be considered by the City Council. The City Council meets on the first and third Tuesday of every month (excluding December, where only a first Tuesday meeting is held). 
4.   A Public Hearing will be held at the the City Council Meeting. The Public Hearing will solicit citizen views and comments regarding the issuance of the Special Use Permit. 
5.   At least 10 days prior to the Public Hearing, letters will be sent to property owners within 200 feet of the location advising them that a Public Hearing will be held to consider approval of the Special Use Permit Application. 
6.   A public hearing notice will be sent to the Alpine Avalanche, the official newspaper of the City. This public hearing notice must be published in the Avalanche at least 15 days prior to the scheduled public hearing. 
7.    The City Council will take action to approve or deny the Special Use Permit.  
8.   The appropriate City Fees will be collected upon approval of the Special Use Permit. 
9.   Once the Special Use Permit is approved by the City Council, and payment of all fees is received, the City Secretary may certify the TABC permit/license application and the applicant may proceed accordingly. 

Questions regarding the application process may be directed to the Office of the City Secretary by email to or by phone at (432) 837-3301, option 1. Questions regarding the Special Use Permit Application may be directed to Building Services at (432) 837-3281, option 2, or to

The City collects a Beverage Occupancy Tax annually. The City collects one-half of the state fee every two years, or one-quarter of the fee annually. City fees will be collected in accordance with the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Code, Section 11.38.  See attached Fee Schedule for appropriate fees due.