• The Alpine City Council is the community’s part-time legislative body, consisting of five members and a Mayor.
• All council members are elected through Ward elections on a non-partisan basis for a 2 year term.
• Council member terms are staggered so that a measure of continuity is maintained in the transitions from one Council to the next.
• Each Council Member is elected by voters of their Ward. The mayor is elected at-large directly by the voters, and serves a 2 year term.
• Elections for Ward 1, Ward 3, and Ward 5 take place on odd-numbered years. Elections for Ward 2, Ward 4, and for the Mayor take place on even-numbered years.
MEETINGS OF THE CITY COUNCIL
• Citizen participation at Council meetings is encouraged.
• Meetings are normally held on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month at 5:30pm at the City of Alpine Council Chambers.
• Dates and times of upcoming Council meetings may be found on the City Calendar; Agendas and Minutes of the City Council can be viewed here: Agendas, Minutes.
• Regular meetings of the City Council are generally posted on YouTube within 24 hours at the following channel: City of Alpine Youtube Channel
• Council Member contact information can be found on the Council Members page.
• General questions about this City Council, including elections information, may be directed to the Office of the City Secretary at (432)-837-3301 or email@example.com.
City of Alpine Mission Statement:
“To Provide Quality Service to the Citizens of Alpine.”
1st & 3rd Tuesday of the month at 5:30 p.m.
|Minutes||Boards & Commissions|